5 Pages is our way to highlight great travel resources. In a nutshell, we share a resource we recommend and highlight five of the website's most notable sections, tools or articles. Here's our pick this month:
The Railway Gazette group brings together a team of experienced professional journalists, whose insight and analysis is highly respected within the railway industry. Travelling extensively each year, the team enjoys top-level access to managers and decision-makers. They are supported by local correspondents in many different markets around the world, helping to keeping the readers of our various publications abreast of the latest news and developments across the globe. (from the Railway Gazette website)
1. Airport Train NewsOur favourite search result on Railway Gazette, to read the latest in airport train news around the globe. Vary the search term (eg. people mover) for different results
Airport Train News
2. Passenger Rail NewsA roundup of passenger train news. Airport transport stories are often categorized here.
Passenger Rail News
3. High Speed Rail NewsA fast way to catch up on fast trains! Not a lot of airport transport stories here, but it's interesting to learn about new high speed train developments (maybe you won't even need to fly!).
High Speed Rail News
4. Urban Rail NewsUrban Rail includes subways, metros, bus rapid transit lines, and more. Airport extensions to metro systems are reported here. Maybe you will get to the airport sooner!
Urban Rail News
5. Rail Industry Event DirectoryA valuable resource for those in the rail industry, or just for the curious rail-loving public. You'll find more resources on each event's website.
Rail Industry Event Directory
A few bonus pages...
Railway Gazette latest issue highlights (90 second video)
Rail Industry Publications - by subscription
Rail Industry Digital Magazines - by subscription
Rail Industry Newsletters - free
We admit that Railway Gazette is a bit of a geeky pick, but we use it regularly to stay up-to-date with airport train news. We chose it to review as we thought there may be some train lovers among our followers who would enjoy it.
Rating: 3.5 stars
Pros: You can confidently assume that the latest news about trains is here. Train lover's will enjoy it.
Cons: It can be a bit hard to track down content (there is a lot!). Being able to download or view a sample copy of the digital magazines before subscribing would help.
More from IHateTaxis
Death by Selfie
Help! I Left My iPad on the Plane!
What Counts as a Country Visited?
14 Great Cities Where You Can Eat Like a Cabbie
Famous Fare: Nimoy Drives JFK
Baja Mexico's Double Dipper Gas Scam