The Johnny Jet Portal website was designed to point travelers to everything the web has to offer. It doesn’t matter if you travel five days a week, or once every five years. This site is for everyone! It has become the “first stop” for thousands of travelers. Those who contribute to Johnny Jet share my vision—and I share theirs. Together, all of us get the inside scoop on how to do travel—and how do it economically, comfortably, efficiently, and with plenty of style. (from the website)
1. Travel Rewards EssentialsWhat you need to know about collecting and redeeming travel rewards, miles and points.
Newbie Refresher: Getting Started with Travel Rewards, Miles, & Points
How to Protect Your Miles and Points From Expiring
Johnny Jet's Airline Mileage Programs List
2. Ask a PilotIn our Ask a Pilot series, pilot Spencer Marker answers one of your aviation-related questions each week.
Ask a Pilot
3. Alternate AirportsWant to save money when you travel? Try flying in or out of an alternate airport. Johnny Jet shows you how.
Alternate Airports List
4. Travel StyleWant to know how to travel in style, just like the pros? We check in with frequent fliers to find out how often they fly, their favorite destinations and what they never leave home without.
Travel Style Profiles
5. Flying with Pets and Service AnimalsFlying with Fido? Johnny Jet has some pawsome tips for you.
Are Travelers Abusing The System With Service Animals On Planes?
How to Spot a Fake Service Dog on a Plane
Airline Policies for Flying With Pets
Pets and Airport Security
Don’t Let Your Pet Out of the Carrier when You Fly
A few bonus pages...
Johnny Jet's Weekly Roundup of Travel Contests
Johnny Jet's Specialty Travel Resources
Air Canada Flyers: Use Your Aeroplan Miles by June 2020
How Airline Passengers Can Help Stop Human Trafficking
How to do the Kentucky Derby Like a Champ
Travel Weekly Magellan Awards Judge
“Johnny Jet Has Carved Out A National Niche As A Travel Guru” - THE TAMPA TRIBUNE
You've probably seen Johnny Jet on TV (he is a frequent guest on Good Morning America and the Travel Channel), heard him on the radio or your favourite travel or technology podcast, or read his tips in travel magazines or the newspaper. The Johnny Jet website is (almost) like hanging out with the man himself: fun, relevant and practical.
Rating: 3.75 stars
Pros: Fantastic detail, time saving resources, great money saving tips, entertaining
Cons: No sitemap, no tags, a few broken links, gems in blog archives are buried
More from IHateTaxis
5 Pages: RentalCarReviews.com
5 Pages: Trails.com
Death by Selfie
Help! I Left My iPad on the Plane!
What Counts as a Country Visited?
14 Great Cities Where You Can Eat Like a Cabbie