|You're in a taxi in Norway... driven by the Prime Minister?|
One of the coolest stories to emerge last year was when Norway's Prime Minister,
Jens Stoltenberg, donned a taxi driver's uniform and got behind the wheel of a taxi
in Oslo, to find out what his constituents really think. Read the story here.
|What's inside this ambulance in Moscow? A heart attack victim or leather couches and caviar?|
It's so hard to get through the streets in Moscow that a new mode of
transport has emerged, as described in this story that emerged in 2013:
'Sick' in style: Meet the new Russian ambulance luxury taxi.
Read the full story here.
|Really, what's the worst that can happen if you accept a ride from a driver in a Chicago airport?|
In 2013, Chicago hatched one of the worst taxi scam stories we've seen. Not only for how deep it gouged, but for how heartless it was. Here's how it went down: a Chinese student, speaking little English, lands at Chicago O'Hare Airport, and is approached by a taxi driver... Read the full story here.
A few other notable taxi stories from 2013:
- The Best and Worst Cities to Take a Taxi - featuring IHateTaxis
- English Speaking Taxi Scam At The Costa Rica Airport
- Taxi Driver Collusion at Rome's Ciampino Airport
- New York: Four-Wheeled Future: Taking a Ride in New York City’s “Taxi of Tomorrow”
- New York: NYC Judge Nixes 'Taxi of Tomorrow' Deal
- Vancouver: Passengers the losers as more downtown weekend taxis put on hold
Read these posts in our Smart Travel Advice series:
- Airport Arrival Advice
- Taxi Rates and Fares: Airport Taxi Advice
- Dealing with Touts
- Dealing with Taxi Drivers